Pages

Translate

Monday, February 18, 2019

It was the Best of Times, it was...the Best of Times


26.  That's how old she would be today.  I found myself thinking on the drive home today, where was I when I have 26, to try to imagine what she might be getting up to today.  I quickly realized that at 26, I was just figuring out that I didn't have it all figured out, but one thing I know for sure was I loved the time I spent with my favorite little humans.  At 26, I didn't know that half of my time with her was already gone.

So, those days were the best of days.  Life stretched out endlessly.  Laughter mixed with sparks rose up over bonfires and half burned marshmallows into timeless starry skies.  Decadent days spent in pajamas at the coffee table.  "Spin me again aunty!" and going round and round and round on a sunny Saskatchewan summer day.  Christmas day excitements.  Favorite pets, cartoon marathons, and the crinkle of nose before a laugh.

I grieve for all the lost time with you between then, and now, and all those still to come.  But I remember how happy you were.  There was always a giggle, a story, a smile.  Sure, there were also adorable bouts of indignant melodrama, as all wise old souls are prone too.  But mostly there was laughter, there was love.  We were all so happy back then.  All time with you was simply the best of times and...the best of times.


love you, today, always, and forever <3  Happy birthday my beautiful girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment